2023 SCDF Design & Philanthropy Awards
The annual Southern California Development Forum Design Awards recognize the contributions and commitment to the business environment and the communities of Southern California. The design awards celebrate built and un-built projects that demonstrate innovation and commitment from both owners and design teams. Award winners will be honored at our in-person 2023 SCDF Design & Philanthropy Awards event on Tuesday, December 12th at the Biltmore Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles.
Our organization is comprised of developers, architects, engineers, contractors, planners and other land-use parties, the design awards offer an excellent opportunity to showcase your projects to the business community of Southern California.
Any member or firm associated with a project is eligible to submit an entry for that project. This includes architects, general contractors, developers, engineers, and specialty consultants (please consult with your extended team to ensure that duplicate entries have not been submitted). SCDF only uses paperless, digital submission entries. Registrations for all awards must be completed online and are paid at time of final project upload.
All submittals are due on or prior to September 29, 2023 at 9PM PST.
Early Bird Submission prior to August 29, 2023
Submission on or after August 30, 2023
For ALL Categories other than Development team:
2. Complete project team, project data & contact information online when you pay and submit your final PDF entry.
3. Project Presentation Requirements:
a. Your submission must be submitted in PDF format only. A template has been supplied in both In-Design and PowerPoint to facilitate ease of layout. Please output as a PDF for submission.4. Three (3) project images
a. 300dpi/jpg format, which may be used during the Awards Ceremony (images are not included in the 10MB maximum of project presentation).
For Project Team of the Year:
The Project Team of the Year represents a successfully built collaboration with meaningful impact to Southern California. Urban projects of at least 100,000 sf and completed between September 1st, 2021 and September 1st, 2023 are eligible. Winning projects should successfully demonstrate how the team was able to accomplish project goals through complex problem-solving and innovative means.
2. All entries must include the below and not exceed 10MB maximum submission
3. Only Owners, Developers, General Contractors, Architects, or Municipalities / Cities may be the submitting agent on behalf of the team for this project
4. Complete the Confidential Team Data Form online when you pay and submit your final PDF entry.
5. This is an anonymous awards submission, and any reference to firms and/or team members associated with the submitted project pdf for judging in word or image on the PDF will result in disqualification.
6. Project Presentation in PDF format only and should contain no more than 12 pages. Only the first 12 pages will be judged.
5. Three (3) project images
a. 300dpi /jpg format, which may be used during the Awards Ceremony (images are not included in the 10MB maximum of project presentation),
Entry Open - August 3, 2023
Early Entries Due - August 29, 2023
Entries Due - September 29, 2023
Awards Ceremony - December 12, 2023
The Awards Ceremony is slated to occur on December 12, 2023 at a live ceremony at the Biltmore Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. Shortlisted entries will be notified, and physical awards will be distributed at the live event.
In addition to honoring the SCDF Design Awards winners, our selected 2023 Philanthropy, Harvest Home, and the 2023 William Feathers Award winner will also be recognized at the event.
Tickets for the awards event will be available for purchase through the SCDF website shortly.